Jawaharlal Nehru: Quotes And Facts
Jawaharlal Nehru was the first Prime Minister of India and he played a significant role in making India a self-reliant country. His reforms in education and other sectors made India a sovereign secular democratic Nation.
Many educational institutions were built when he was the Prime Minister.
Jawaharlal Nehru was born on November 14th, 1889 in Allahabad. He loves to be around children. That is why 14th November is celebrated as Children’s day because Jawaharlal Nehru loves kids.
His heavenly abode was on 27 May 1964. In the year 2021, the nation celebrated its 57th death anniversary. Sharing some less-known facts about him and some inspiring quotes.
- During his period as the PM, he established many educational institutions like AIIMS, IITs, and IIMs. His reforms also had free and compulsory primary education for all the children.
- Nehruji was the significant person behind the non-alignment movement and put the foundation of the atomic energy commission and National Defence Academy.
- He also got 11 nominations for the Nobel Prize for promoting peace in the Indian subcontinent. He was also a very note-worthy writer in English and has written several books including, Glimpses of World History, The Discovery of India, and his Autobiography.
- Jawaharlal Nehru was in jail for nine years for his movements towards India’s freedom. According to sources, he spent 3259 days in jail.
- There were 4 attempts to assassinate Jawaharlal Nehru. One was during the partition of India and Pakistan.
- 1.5 Million people from all around the world attended his cremation ceremony.
- Jawaharlal Nehru served India for 18 years as a Prime Minister and his period was the longest. He made India a modern, secular nation with his amazing speeches and quotes.
Quotes of Jawaharlal Nehru
Here are some positive quotes by Jawaharlal Nehru:-
“Long years ago we made a tryst with destiny, and now the time comes when we shall redeem our pledge, not wholly or in full measure, but very substantially. At the stroke of the midnight hour, when the world sleeps, India will awake to life and freedom.”
“Life is like a game of cards. The hand you are dealt is determinism; the way you play it is free will.”
“Time is not measured by the passing of years but by what one does, what one feels, and what one achieves.”
“We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.”
This quote by Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru is on point!
“There is no end to the adventures that we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.”
“Politics and Religion are obsolete. The time has come for Science and Spirituality.”
“The forces in a capitalist society, if left unchecked, tend to make the rich richer and the poor poorer.”
“A language is something infinitely greater than grammar and philology. It is the poetic testament of the genius of a race and a culture, and the living embodiment of the thoughts and fancies that have moulded them”.
To read more blogs, click here.