W for Why Hate When You Can Love?
Hate towards community, caste, religion, or gender is something that is not ok but still many believe in the supremacy of one. Like one caste or community should be superior and the other should be inferior. In the 21st century in this liberal world this kind of hate is still going on and many communities are suffering and fighting for their rights. Hate is not for anything. If you don’t believe or preach something that does not mean you will have hate or prejudice towards it. Other people may believe in it and your views can hurt somebody.
So, why hate someone or something when you can love. The world needs more love and peace this time, more than anything. Hating is not the solution to the problem. Educating ourselves is! People hating others because they love someone is the stupidest thing ever!! Same sex love is not okay and still, people do not accept it. Why? Because of “culture”. So, we decided to name the name those countries where homosexuality is legal and countries where same-sex marriage is legal. They are trying to create a more safe and more equal society. Let’s first name some Muslim countries where same-sex love or homosexuality is legal.
Muslim countries where homosexuality is legal
- Lebanon- In 2014 the country decriminalize homosexuality
- Kazakhstan- Same-sex love is legal in Kazakhstan.
- Mali- Homosexuality is legal but no laws to protect the community from abuse and harassment.
- Niger- Same-sex love is legal in the country.
- Turkey- Since 1923, homosexuality is legal in the country
- Indonesia- Same-sex marriage is not legal in the country but the LGBTQ community is decriminalized here.
- Northern Cyprus- Since 2014 homosexuality is legal in the country.
- Bahrain- Same-sex love is legal in Bahrain since 1976 but has some restrictions.
- Albania- Homosexuality is legal in the country since 1995.
- Azerbaijan – In 2000 the country decriminalize homosexuality but no protection has given.
Countries where Same-Sex marriage is legal
There are 29 countries in the world where same-sex marriage is legal. Here is the list of all the 29 countries:-
- Costa Rica
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- The United Kingdom
- United States
10 Countries where homosexuality is legal
- Sri Lanka
- United Arab Emirates
- Jamaica (male only)
- St Lucia
- Solomon Islands
The community is still fighting against homophobia, prejudice, and hate. For what? Just because they don’t follow society’s norms. Norms which is created by some people. Not everyone is the same but they still deserve the same amount of love and respect as anyone else. So, if do our bit and be an ally it can change a lot of things and it can change a lot for the future. Hate and prejudice won’t take anyone anywhere.
So, here is the list of the counties where same-sex love marriage is leag and countries where homosexuality is legal. In India also homosexuality is legal but no protection laws are there for the community and no marriage is illegal. But this is the first step towards the betterment of society and we hope people will also accept the community and love and support them! Cause why hate when we can love, guys. Love is love and kise se pe karo bas pyaar karo! Spread more peace and love.